Tuesday, June 13, 2017

April 7th- Daily Autism Post- His World in Pictures

Dexie has a different way of looking at things. He stops and notices things I'd never even give a passing thought to and he often asks me to stop and take pictures of things. Sometimes it's things he's done but often it's just something random. I'll caption these pictures as to why he asked me to take pictures of them. Some of them should make you chuckle. It will take me a few minutes to caption all of them.
The bad... there is none really. My phone has lots of random pics?
The good... I get to see what he thinks and how his mind is working at the moment.

Dexie has a different way of looking at things. He stops and notices things I'd never even give a passing thought to and he often asks me to stop and take pictures of things. Sometimes it's things he's done but often it's just something random. I'll caption these pictures as to why he asked me to take pictures of them. Some of them should make you chuckle. It will take me a few minutes to caption all of them.
The bad... there is none really. My phone has lots of random pics?
The good... I get to see what he thinks and how his mind is working at the moment.

I'm not sure if he made it or if Jabe did but it was on the counter and he wanted it documented.



Dex had cardboard cubes that could be folded into Minecraft blocks. He wrapped some of them with paper and made dice. He was proud of it and wanted a picture of his work.

Dexter insisted that Tori didn't like the noise so he put a pair of his noise canceling earmuffs on her. She left them on and that was proof to him that she like it and was like him.

Look. Pages can be fanned out. Take a picture! 

Ok, dude. You got it. Picture taken!

We have a lot of pictures of Alfred pooping. It started as a joke Shawn started. Now it keeps happening and Dex (and Jabe) think it's funny. Boys. 

This is a ball that popped. Dex was fascinated by it. Picture needed.

This huge leaf completely captivated him! We ended up looking up records for largest, smallest, oldest, etc. trees and leaves. This is one of 4 pictures of it that he had me take.

I told Dex I missed a hair when I cut it so I just needed to snip it. I didn't want to get clippers out for that and just wanted to use scissors. He wasn't convinced it wouldn't hurt with scissors. He asked to see what I was cutting first. In the end, he trusted me to not cut his ear off but he asked me to keep the picture for later... whatever that means.

Mind. Blown. by wrinkled fingers after a long bath. Gotta document that!

Halloween pumpkin carving didn't go as planned. For him, it was a sensory project. He liked the feeling of cutting the pumpkin. (Yes, creepyish... I know.) When he was done, he wanted a picture taken like everyone else. I'm sure making will look at this and thinks is weird or gross but I look at it and see a time Dex was willing to participate in a messy project and was able to find some enjoyment it. (Even if it wasn't exactly what I'd planned.)



"Take a picture of this bounty!" I love how he chooses words I'd never think to use. 

--He gets a small bag of M&M's at school if he has a good day. He helps me bag them. 


He was insistent that Jennifer Morrissette needed to see this dog. Not sure why but she needed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment